This certificate allows graduate students to focus, during their second year, on the skills and knowledge necessary to effectively pursue a career in international business, investment or global operations. Special emphasis is given to functional foreign language capability, as well at the capacity to understand the dynamic economic, cultural, political and legal forces shaping international trade, investment and technology transfer. The certificate is only available for students pursuing a graduate degree in Georgia Tech
- The successful completion of:
- International Business Environment (Mgt 6185)
- International Finance (Mgt 6070)
- International Marketing (Mgt 6335)
- 1 elective courses, selected in consultation with an academic advisor.
- A demonstrable functional proficiency in at least one foreign language, as early as practicable in the second year of the MBA program.
An overseas experience, lasting from 3 to 6 months, in a country corresponding to his or her language of specialization. This overseas experience may consist of one of the following:
- A period of study of not less than one quarter at a partner business school for which the equivalent course credit will be granted.
- An internship in a foreign firm or organization or overseas subsidiary of an American corporation arranged by Georgia Tech or through one of our partner universities.
- A combination of the above two, sequentially or concurrently.
Bachelor of Science in Management
Bachelor of Science in Management Science
International features include:
- Summer overseas programs available in China, Brussels, Belgium or Oxford, UK.
- Strong student led AIESEC chapter which places 5 to 10 students overseas annually.
- CIBER, in conjunction with the U.S. Export Assistance Center and the Georgia Department of Industry, Trade and Tourism, sponsors the placement of an undergraduate internship.
- All undergraduate students must take a required senior-level international business course.
- An undergraduate international certificate can be obtained.
Undergraduate Level Certificate Requirements (doc)
Undergraduate Level Certificate Application Form (doc)